Monday, November 22, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
- In realizing the power of their imagination our children start to understand and activate problem solving skills, healthy expression, accountability, and responsibility.
- The art program also develops the capacity for creative expression increasing their sense of personal identity and pride. As well as learning that art is a tool of expression and communication.
- exhibition opportunities for their work as well as publication of their work, is validating their art and enhancing their self-esteem
- It fosters socialization and inclusion in our classes and on field trips to museums, art galleries, artists' studios and community events.
- It increases the public's understanding and awareness of the artistic and creative abilities of our children
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
This was created by one of my art students his name was Austin, age eight. When I interviewed him about what does art mean to him. He said "Art is just good stuff." He titled this piece the "Butterfly Man." I saw Austin transform just like a butterfly in my art class. He was amazing to teach and I will never forget him.The kids dubbed my art room the "calm room." That it was! lots of magic went on in there.